Receptionist (Parental Leave)
Term: Present – September 2023
Hours: 40 hours/week
Compensation: $48,000 – 63,000 based on relevant education and experience plus health and dental benefits.
Experience: 1 – 10 years in a client or customer service role in a professional office or luxury hospitality setting.
Who are Charthouse Lawyers?
We are a growth-oriented law firm in Sechelt dedicated to providing the right legal service to the right person at the right price. We serve a variety of types of clients in business and estate planning and real estate transactions, focused primarily on owner-managers, professionals, holding company owners, and their friends and families.
Who are you?
You are a professional individual who is able to sensitively address the concerns of our clients and arrange for their needs to be met. In this position you are the initial face and voice of our firm, which will require you to shift easily between different tasks and actively maintain an understanding of current priorities and the firm’s capacity. As such, you are highly organized, proactive, and confident in your presentation.
What is the position?
Day-to-day, you will be required to welcome visitors, answer calls, and direct inquiries to the best resource to meet their needs. As a receptionist, your duties include scheduling appointments, handling inquiries, and managing mail and deliveries. This role also includes providing administrative support to a staff of 4-5 lawyers and allied professionals.
To ensure success as a receptionist, you should exhibit excellent communication skills and competency in general office administration. Outstanding receptionists are polished professionals who create a positive first impression.
- Welcoming clients and visitors upon arrival at reception.
- Answering, screening, and forwarding phone calls and general office emails in a professional manner, taking detailed phone messages and monitoring follow-up by staff and lawyers.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments.
- Maintaining client database
- Observing business etiquette and maintaining a professional appearance
- Directing the flow of mail, faxes, and deliveries to reach the intended recipients.
- Ordering and replenishing office supplies.
- Managing the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- Assisting with copying, scanning, faxing, emailing, and note-taking, and filing.
- Following up on Accounts Receivable and taking payments and receipting funds.
- Preparing for appointments, including preparation of meeting spaces, arranging refreshments, and preparation of document packages, as required.
- Records management, maintaining client database, file opening and closing, filing, copying, scanning, faxing, emailing, monitoring file status, note-taking, etc.
- General office errands including picking up supplies, local deliveries, bank deposits, deliveries and retrieving closed files from storage, as requested.
- Drafting routine legal documents and correspondence, as requested.
- Inventory management.
- Experience delivering exceptional service, in a professional office or corporate hospitality setting, to both customers and internal staff is the only requirement for education and experience.
- Demonstrable excellence in writing and use of Microsoft Word is also required.
- Formal qualification in office administration, secretarial work, or related training is an advantage.
- Prior experience in a law office will be advantageous but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience working with spreadsheets, printers, copiers, scanners, faxes, and appointment scheduling and VOIP phone systems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
To learn more about our firm, please look at our values at https://www.charthouselawyers.ca/charthouse-values/.
Please send a resume and cover letter that can persuasively demonstrate your talents to firstname.lastname@example.org “Receptionist Application”. You may also contact that address if you would like more information about the posting.
Schedule your initial consultation today.
Contact Lauren at our office.