Charthouse Lawyers Service During COVID-19 Pandemic
Dear clients and colleagues:
In response to the Government of Canada’s announcement that all Canadians should stay home to stop the spread of COVID-19, Charthouse Lawyers is taking the following actions:
- Our physical office is closed but our firm is open. We are continuing to offer business and estate planning and real estate services to the Lower Sunshine Coast.
- Our service is beginning to look a little different and we are still ironing out the bugs, but at this point we are able to offer:
- Home visits for document signing that is required to be done in ink, conducted in a safe manner;
- Video or phone appointments so you can stay home;
- Electronic signing goal for other documents that can be signed in that fashion;
- We are implementing an internet-based phone system shortly so you can call our number and reach every employee, but in the meantime our reception will be operating virtually and can get any one of us to call you back as soon as can be (this will be ready by April 3).
Our Commitment to You
Like you, we hope this is over soon, but you pay lawyers to hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Our commitment to you hasn’t changed – to give you peace of mind and confidence through our legal services – and we all need peace of mind now; more than ever.
How will we do this?
- We will return phone calls and emails as soon as possible and within two business days at the latest.
- We will attempt to ask you about your service preferences (phone, email, video meeting, speaking from an acceptable social distance in a park…) and accommodate those preferences in a safe manner.
- We will continue to offer our services predominantly on a flat fee basis – you shouldn’t pay extra because Spencer’s son is trying to be a pterodactyl.
- We will keep you up to date on your matters.
Our planning assumption is that law firms and notaries will either be prepared to ride this out for a year or will fail. We intend to be better than ever but it will be a bumpy road.
We thank you for your patience at this time. While all of us are caught up in events beyond our control, your lawyers should be a source of stability and assurance and we take that seriously. If you would like an update on our progress and on legal topics that come up about COVID-19 as they arise, please provide your email address below.
Find out more about the firm and the legal effects of COVID-19
Submit your e-mail address below and we will send you helpful information as events unfold.
Schedule your initial consultation today.
Contact Lauren at our office.